Wednesday, February 18, 2026

Lamentations 3:22-23

 Good Morning, God.

The branches of the giant tree in my backyard are outlined in black only against the slowly lightening sky. They speak of the cold outside my window, where I sit reading through Your word and sipping my cooling coffee. 

My dog is curled up on the couch with her back to me, trying to appear invisible so I don't even think of putting her outside in the big cold world when I leave in a little bit. I hear the washing machine switching cycles as it works on my sheets, which will be clean and crisp for when I crawl into it hours and hours from now. 

Movement outside catches my eye and I see the outline of a squirrel running straight up the large branch, then jumping to the next one with his little tail fluffing and balancing: those things move with such confidence. Did they ever hesitate as they were learning? Do they ever miss their mark and end up hanging by a paw and have to scramble to safety? Are they ever scared? 

I see notifications popping up on my phone for emails and texts that I will need to address in a little while. The clock on the microwave switches to 7:30 and I know I have only a few more minutes before I need to pack up for work. 

I love this wood stool and counter and soft light, and am not really ready to leave it today. Thank You for this warm pocket to begin my day: this soft beginning of the next 24 hours You've gifted me. 

The squirrel is gone: probably on to his day of work which will include digging up my landscaping and tormenting my dog when she finally does go outside. The sky is now a pale light blue-gray. It's time to pack up and see what You have for me out there,.

Please help me love the people You put in my path today well. Let me see every single one of them with Your eyes. Fill my mouth with words of life that are pleasing to Your ears and heart. Thank You for another day.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lamentations 3:22-23

 Good Morning, God. The branches of the giant tree in my backyard are outlined in black only against the slowly lightening sky. They speak o...